I’m an enthusiastic, hard working and creative young professional with a driving fascination with the internet and technology and their potential. I have a track record of successful work and a positive outlook on any task I am faced with. I have learnt to adapt to any project and any client. Everybody is different and they deserve to be treated as individuals so that there needs are met successfully. This is conducted and completed using a high level of communication and care for the work I do.
Currently finishing my final year at Plymouth University, I will be looking for potential clients to fulfil a successful freelance career. My goal is to become a professional web designer and developer, eventually starting my own company which will focus on the sole concept of:
“Provide the best service and the highest quality work regardless of the clients budget. Having clients with high quality work and a successful online presence is a number one priority and reward in itself!”
My skills range from both design to development. I studied for technical knowledge where as the understanding of design and usability have come from personal education.
Web Design and Development methodologies
- Responsive web design and development
- Content management systems – including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Expression Engine
- E-commerce – including Magento
- Training & support
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe AfterEffects
- Adobe Lightroom
- Effective communication
Freelance Web designer and developer – 2013 – present
My freelance career has consisted of projects outsourced by web design and development agencies, all with successful outcomes.
Web Designer & Developer, Rokk Media; Exeter, Devon – 2012 – 2013
I worked for Rokk Media for one year as part of my degree’s placement year which allows students to learn from within a real world environment. Rokk Media provided me with a lively and vibrant place to work with equally as fantastic staff. The staff at Rokk Media provided me progressively with more and more responsibility, eventually working with major clients.
Professional Speaker, Strode College; Street, Somerset – 2012
This was a one-off presentation to 2012’s IT Practitioners students to encourage them to pursue a career in IT and university. I was allowed 2 hours to show them all that I had learnt in my time at Plymouth University and then to discuss and take questions about university life and my degree. Although this was a one-time opportunity, I am keen to continue pursuing the chance to encourage and teach others.
Web Applications Development BSc (Hons), 2010 – present
- Computer Systems
- Production for Art & Technology
- Database Development
- Website Development
- The I.T Professional
- Software Engineering
- Mobile Device Programming
- Software Engineering for the internet using Java
- Systems Requirements and Design
- Alternative Web Paradigms
- I.T Legislation and Ethics
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information Retrieval
- Web Development Platforms
- Electronic Commerce and Business
- Design Process
- API Software Development
- Scripting for Digital Media
- Object-Oriented Web Application Development
- Software Development and Project Management
- Internet Culture and Psychology
- Pervasive Computing
- Professional Issues in I.T
- Advanced Web Technologies
- IT Practitioners – DDM (D – Distinction, M – Merit).
- Diploma in Digital Applications – Merit.
- Key Skills – Application of Numbers – Pass
- Key Sills – Communication – Pass
St Dunstans School – 2000 – 2006
I have interests in music of all styles, and countries and more recently have taken an interest to photography and is currently my main hobby. I also enjoy learning new things as often as I can as I think it is important to keep my skills up to date to always be at the top of my game.